Gobo was founded as a boutique developer with the premise to GO Beyond Ordinary. So far we have been lucky enough to work with some amazing development teams and help augment their teams with our hugely talented people here at Gobo. We've been trusted with responsibility for full development of headline features by our partners - we're proud that our partners can see and trust our total devotion to quality and excellence.
Recently Gobo has supported Avalanche Software, based in Salt Lake City USA, on Disney Infinity - a major new toy-and-video-game hybrid platform from Disney Interactive which launched in August 2013. We were responsible for the Pirates of the Caribbean play set which is one of the three launch playsets for the platform - a major, headline, front-of-box feature.
We’re now looking for a Gameplay Animator to join the team.
- Build advanced level and character rigs to handle locomotion and set piece events
- Layout and implement cinematic camera sequences for both action and storytelling purposes
- Make a significant and direct contribution to the creation of AAA characters and world animation
- Work with programmers and designers on defining gameplay metrics and parameters
- Proactively assist in defining animation pipelines and best practices against industry benchmarks
- Demonstrate, communicate and exemplify clear expectations for quality
- Communicate ideas through development of pre-visualisation
- Create world-class character locomotion, combat and performance based animation
- Create in-game set piece VFX sequences
- Problem solving of technical production issues
Skills / Experience required:
- Ideally a First in Fine Art, Computer Animation, Digital Media Design or relevant degree
- Proven ability to work on AAA character action games with a stylized aesthetic
- A world class animation reel that demonstrates a breadth of ability and traditional drawing skills
- Knowledge of animation principals and ability to produce high quality animation
- Exceptional generalist knowledge of Maya, Rigging, Mel, Python, Ridged Body Dynamics etc
- Strong written / verbal communication skills
To apply please send your CV and showreel to: email@example.com.