Crytek is looking for an experienced and passionate Animation Programmer to support our game development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As an Animation programmer, you will play an important role in shaping the future of CRYENGINE’s Animation Pipeline. You will work closely with people from different departments such as Animation, AI and Sandbox to implement the tools and systems they need to realize the vision and quality of our Games.
- Implementing well designed, robust, highly optimal new animation system features, integrating them into our existing animation, physics and AI systems.
- Independently research and develop improvements to continuously push our technology forward.
- Set development goals as part of a passionate team to shape the future of animation in games.
- Coordinate with other disciplines to assure features are delivered to a certain standard and on time.
- 3+ years of professional game development or similar programming experience.
- Experience in creating animation technologies and integrating them for use in game development.
- At least 1 shipped game title while being in a Animation Programmer role.
- Fluency in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with software profiling tools and performance optimization techniques.
- Solid understanding of the character pipeline tools.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with console programming.
- Experience with motion capture systems.
- Passion for making games.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), Shanghai (China), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, and The Climb. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.