The successful candidate will join experienced game technology development teams and will gain industry-leading experience in animation and physical character interactions along with all game development disciplines on mobile platforms.
The role will help develop Android technology and support our games teams on the Android platform by writing code for a game engine that will be used in multiple games.
Working within the technology team you will also improve the engine for future games.
- Proactively push Android and Engine technology forward to maximise use of the platform
- Inform best practices for Android application development
- Design and implement the shared technology codebase on Android
- Integrate 3rd party SDKs when required in a manner sympathetic to existing codebase
- Maintain a high quality of API for internal teams to use in applications
Experience and Skills
- C++ (highly proficient)
- Direct Android experience
- 2+ years relevant games industry experience
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to abstract specific problems into system level solutions
- Good team working practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-manage, and deliver to time schedule
- Ability to work well as part of a collaborate development team
Want to really stand out? Know about these!
- Experience with Java
- Experience of working with Objective C
- Programming experience on games – preferably on mobile devices