We are looking for an experienced and passionate regular AI Programmer to work on our HUNT development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Game AI programmer with a desire to work together with game designers and other members of the team to collaborate on the implementation of AI behaviors and rules, defining combat experience etc. This is a position where design, AI code implementation, creative tools improvements and use by example are all parts of the daily job.
The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you will be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.
- Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance AI.
- Develop AI / game code as well as tools and extend it for high profile projects.
- Create immersive and compelling combat experiences.
- Optimize and debug high-end Console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Integrate creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- At least 3 years of professional work experience as Programmer.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Worked on shipped products on either console or PC.
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience with practical Game AI techniques in context of games/real-time applications.
- Strong interest in new AI related technologies.
- Passion for making games.
- Solid understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Experience with any game engine (preferably CRYENGINE).
- Experience with current Console and PC development processes.
- Experience with game development tools and methods.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.