Kwalee has a fantastic job available for an outstanding 3D/2D artist to join their team.
The role will involve the modeling and texturing of 3D assets and the creation of 2D assets for use in Kwalee’s mobile games. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of games and visual styles.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be an outstanding artist with excellent observational drawing skills and a solid understanding of artistic principles.
- Be skilled in 3D art techniques, ideally in Autodesk Maya.
- Have experience of animation.
- Experience of UI/Graphic Design.
- Experience of Unity.
- Experience of Flash.
- Knowledge of MEL Script.
- Responsible for the creation of 3D and 2D art assets for use in our mobile games;
- Making sure assets are optimised for use in our game engines, being particularly mindful of performance and memory constraints;
- Testing of assets and validating that they meet the technical budgets laid out by the game engine;
- Work closely with the development teams to ensure assets meet the required specifications;
- Personal quality control of created content;
- Deliver content on schedule and within technical limitations;
- Make informed, balanced and rational decisions on the production of artwork;
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates excellent 3D and 2D skills, with particular focus on environmental and character work;
- Ability to work in a range of art styles – from hyper-real to cartoon;
- Has up to date and comprehensive knowledge of Autodesk Maya (or other relevant 3D content creation packages);
- Good knowledge of Photoshop, and other relevant 2D packages would be useful but not essential;
- Excellent texturing skills with experience of efficient normal map and specular map creation;
Kwalee Ltd is a developer and publisher of mobile games. It was founded in 2011 by David Darling(CBE) who originally co-founded Codemasters in 1986.
We seek to excite and entertain customers with innovative new games that provide incredible experiences.
Kwalee offers great bonuses including:
- A highly creative atmosphere with the opportunity to work on diverse projects in different styles.
- Generous profit based bonus scheme.
- Pension scheme and private health insurance.
- Life assurance.
- Company activity days.
Salary is negotiable based on skills and experience.
This job is based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
If you’re the right person for this job, then you must include the following with your application:
1) A link to your Portfolio (including life drawing examples)
2) Your CV
3) A covering letter stating why you are suitable for this particular role
4) Salary expectations
Please apply via either: