Event to discuss gender balance survey findings and how to challenge unconscious bias
Following Next Gen Skills Academy’s Gender Balanced Workforce Survey last month, a number of workshops are set to take place across the country supported by industry speakers to help empower women in games.
One of these events will focus on how to recruit and retain a gender balanced workforce.
Key areas of discussion include:
- Hear more about the survey findings and what we can learn moving forward
- Join a discussion on the advantages commercially and culturally of having a balanced workforce
- Understand more about the importance of the job advert and how it has helped us attracted more women applicants
- Hear about how to challenge unconscious bias; because we all have it
- Learn more about the proposed mentoring scheme for women working in games
- Learn more about the outreach programmes we run to promote a gender balanced workforce
This event will take place in London on February 19th, on the morning before the MCV Women of the Year Awards 2015.
For more information on the Next Gen Skills Academy workshop, visit the official website.