Upcoming TIGA summit will discuss how we can shape the future of young games developers
TIGA is hosting a new, half-day higher education focused event on September 8th at Game City in Nottingham.
This event is designed to provide university and college game development course leaders with the opportunity to engage with heads of recruitment at the UK’s top video game development studios.
Come and meet local, world class studios: Sumo Digital, Lockwood publishing, Straw Dogs and Fortune Fish who will be sharing their recruitment insights.
If you are a course leader, you can find out exactly what HR and studio heads need from a graduate to be able to say – you’re hired! It will also be an opportunity for course leaders to be heard by games industry, an open friendly forum to discuss ideas and be inspired to create the UK’s best games H.E courses. The event will also address what the future holds for the art & science of education in the UK video game industry.
Topics covered will include:
- How do you provide a course that will attract students?
- How do you help ensure more students find work after completing their studies?
- Where do your students skills and your course material fit best? Is what you are teaching more relevant to a mobile or console focused studio?
- How can we prepare students for the hiring process and studios’ employment criteria?
- What can you do to get developers feedback and involvement on your courses?
- TIGA University and College Accreditation: the benefits to students, education providers and the industry.
The conference is free to attend for members and £49 for non-members.